Beige minimalism in a turn of the century home

I know the title of this blogpost might be slightly misleading, as this home is not the definition of minimalism per se, but I do get a very calming and serene vibe from the lack of too many things in this beautiful home, so I think it’s minimal in a way. Minimalism can take many forms and shapes I guess can’t it ?

Anyways, minimalism definition aside, I do really love the serene look of this mainly beige home and the way it has been decorated with simple pieces to match the historic details of the turn of the century building. I like the brown leather and cork textures in the living room combined with the beige area rug. The straight lines of the sofa and armchair in the sofa area go well with the wall shelving that is used as a home office as well (perfect space saving solution if you ask me).

The kitchen is entirely beige, apart from the antique built in cabinets which were restored. This color difference makes them stand out even more, which is so impressive. And lastly, how amazing is it to have an entire room for the dining table ? I don’t think this is totally necessary (I personally like it when my dinner guests can sit with me in the kitchen) but it certainly looks nice.

via Stadshem

This entry was posted in Interior Inspiration. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Beige minimalism in a turn of the century home

1. What a gorgeous home! I particularly love the dark sofa against the beige walls – so striking!

2. Bridget says:

I think the shelving supports with desk may be made by ELFA, and it’s nice to see a relatively affordable product customized in this way. I love the palette, minimalistic decor and of course the lovely architecture!

3. Sissy says:

I love the color of the kitchen wall and cabinets and the soft combination with the light wood shelves, plus the black and white accents as well. It’s sooo calming and interesting at the same time…

4. Susan in MT says:

So much inspiration to start my day. Neutral with a few pops of color, primarily in throw and pillows. Thank you always, your taste is divine!

5. Vida says:

With the time your blog turned to be my favorite one. What a feeling for design! Love it so much!
      I am right now in remodeling process at home. Would you past the name of greige wall paint behind the sofa in living room.
      And thanks again for your inspirational blog!
      Don’t stop it!!

Hi Vida, thanks so much for your kind words, it means so much to me that you read my blog often and find it inspiring ! This is not my home, so I don’t have the info regarding the wall color, sorry !

6. Lyndsay says:

Love this and totally drawn to beige at the moment! Very beautiful space and agree it feels serene, despite not being traditionally minimalist.

7. What an incredible space! I love those shelves.