Kitchen as a meeting place

Kitchen as the center of the home - via cocolapinedesign.comKitchen as the center of the home - via cocolapinedesign.comKitchen as the center of the home - via cocolapinedesign.comKitchen as the center of the home - via cocolapinedesign.com Kitchen as the center of the home - via cocolapinedesign.com Kitchen as the center of the home - via cocolapinedesign.comWhat I like most about this beautiful home (apart from the high ceilings, old doors and design treasures) is the importance of the kitchen. It’s quite a big kitchen for an apartment, with enough space to invite guests and the big open doors make a connection between the kitchen and the living room. I like the idea of the kitchen being the room where people would hang out and stay for long dinners and coffee.

Wat ik het leukste vind aan deze mooie woning (naast het stukwerk, de oude deuren en de design meubels) is de centrale plaats die de keuken inneemt. Het is eigenlijk een vrij grote keuken voor een appartement met genoeg plaats om gasten uit te nodigen. De oude deur maakt een verbinding tussen de keuken en de living en maakt de ruimte de centrale plaats om in te leven. Perfect voor lange diners of koffie.

via Alvhem

This entry was posted in Interior. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Kitchen as a meeting place

1. Lucia says:

Hello,
    yes, I absolutely agree with you. The kitchen is so stunning and the apartment is full of design treasures ( butterfly chair, wooden hand next to chair, Hay mirror….). I am big fan of old doors, high ceilings and wooden floor and this white wooden floor is fantastic…
    I dream about large kitchen and this one is really for me……I know to image that it is the centre of family life…
    Thank you for sharing, nice choice as always :)
    Have a nice Wednesday!
    Hugs!
    Lucia

Oh I’m really dreaming of a big kitchen as well, to cook and talk, have coffee … everything really. Now are kitchen is so small we never just hang out there 😉

2. Gorgeous! Everything – the house, the interiors, the style… thanks for making me dreaming a little today :-)

3. Marie says:

Do you know where the chandelier is from?

4. Marie says:

Do you know where the pendant in the living room comes from?

5. Pingback: INTERIOR JUNKIE » Vrijdagmiddag Inspiratieboost

6. Rachael says:

Do you know where the couch came from?

7. Pingback: A Clean Space – pure & linen

8. Aysun Yaman says:

For those who were asking, I think that pendant is this one: http://www.envilu.com/grand-trianon-light-by-artecnica/

Thank you so much Aysun ! I was looking for this pendant after so many readers asked about where to buy it…now you found it ! Good job !

9. Pingback: ¿Combinamos bien alfombras y tapicerías? | E7radio noticias, de Venezuela y el mundo

10. Pingback: ¿Combinamos bien alfombras y tapicerías?

11. Pingback: ¿Combinamos bien alfombras y tapicerías? - MujerTrend

12. Pingback: Let’s talk about rugs, baby | mix of whimsy

13. Pingback: Paint it black – or white? | pretty nice

14. Pingback: Geef je kamer een upgrade met een vloerkleed

15. Pingback: 147 Beautiful Living Room Carpets Ideas

16. Pingback: Going Grey | Hunt & Gather Home

17. Jocelyn says:

Beautiful pictures, but I find myself obsessing over the alphabet/font print above the couch. Could you tell me where it’s from or where I can find something similar? Thanks!

18. Pingback: A Clean Space | pure & linen

19. Pingback: These Lighting Design Basics Will Help You Create a Perfect Home - KUKUN

20. Emily says:

Any idea where to source the living room? Specifically interested in the sofa, rug and coffee table. Thank you!

21. Pingback: How to Light your Home in Winter - Love Chic Living

22. Pingback: 10x gekleurde vloerkleden in huis - INTERIOR JUNKIE

23. hannah says:

where is the rug from?? i love it!